Learn How to Play Croquet
The easiest way to learn how to play croquet is to play Nine-Wicket Croquet with your friends or neighbors. Then, if you want more of a challenge, learn Six-Wicket Croquet.
The best way to learn Six-Wicket Croquet is to play Golf Croquet with someone. This will teach you how to swing a mallet, hit a ball, run a hoop, and the order in which the hoops must be run in Six-Wicket Croquet. Then, if you want even more challenge, have someone teach you how to play Association Croquet or American Croquet.
If you want to learn a specific type of croquet, use the library for American Croquet, Association Croquet, Nine-Wicket Croquet, or Golf Croquet.
The USCA also offers classes that will teach you how to play croquet.
But if you want to do some learning on your own, here is what to do.
- Read Association Croquet — The Game and How it is Played by Dr. Ian Plummer.
- Watch Introducing the Game of Croquet by Chris van der Craats (get Adobe Shockwave).
- Watch Introduction to Croquet by John Bevington (get Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer).
- Read A Synopsis of the Game by Dr. Ian Plummer.
- Read Beginners' Coaching Notes 1 by Dr. Ian Plummer.
- Read Beginners' Coaching Notes 2 by Dr. Ian Plummer.
- Read Beginners' Coaching Notes 3 by Dr. Ian Plummer.
- Read Beginners' Coaching Notes 4 by Dr. Ian Plummer.
You can buy a book about croquet.
Don't spend too much time reading — get out there and play!
(click on advertisement for more information)