2022 Grant Program
The USCA Management Committee has approved a new grant program to clubs and schools to promote new USCA member initiatives. The program will offer up to $1,000 per applicant for promotion in one of the four croquet rule sets that we govern in America (US, AC, GC, 9W). Recipients will only receive one grant and in one rule set.
Applicants: Applications should address the following criteria:
- Which rule set will be used?
- Where will the event take place?
- How will funds be spent (estimated)?
- How many estimated participants will be involved?
- How many new USCA members can be generated?
- How much money is requested (max 1,000)?
- What is the overall event budget?
- How many members does your club or school have? How many of them are USCA members?
Applications will be evaluated and shortlisted by the appropriate committees for each rule set (International (AC), Tournament (US), GC, 9W). Committees will perform the initial evaluation and recommend funding levels (full, partial, etc.). The USCA Management Committee will make the final funding decisions. If you would like to volunteer to help the committees in their evaluations, please reach out to Ursula in the USCA office.
We are currently accepting applications via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no standard form. Please write up your plan, answer the questions above, and submit it to us!
A USCA representative (any committee member or employee) must be on site for your events and there must be USCA membership materials available as well. These are meant to facilitate discussion about the USCA and encourage more participation and membership growth.
Do you need ideas? Email our Marketing team or contact our office. Funds can be used for various events with the goal of membership growth and development. Ideas may include Croquet Day events, open houses, or expos, just to name a few.
Funding: The USCA has budgeted $15,000 for this initiative in 2022!
A final report of how funds were spent, people involved, lessons learned, and overall performance must be submitted by November 15th. Twenty percent (20%) of each grant will be held back until this report is provided.
If you would like to donate to increase the available funds, please let us know. It is only with support from our members and donors that we are able to create programs such as this. Let's work together to grow croquet in America!
- The three clubs that generate the most new members to the USCA will win two entries (one team) into the Club Teams tournament, either GC or US rules, of their choice.
- The club that generates the most new USCA members will win a visit from a USCA certified instructor, paid for by the USCA.